The game that led to hooking both the youngster and old age popularity reached surprisingly 141 million active players in a very short span. So, don’t you want to learn the facts and stories about the game? What contributes to its huge popularity?
Yes, the guesswork is correct enough which is none other than the creative video game Minecraft. It offers a great deal of freedom to build and explore the game world.
What is Minecraft game all about?
The first query that pops up in my mind is to be mined that it is well, a well-designed 3D video game developed by Markus Persson in 2009. In 2011, the full version of Minecraft games was released and later on, it was taken over by Microsoft at $2.5 billion.
It is a sandbox-oriented game that favors the player to build and explore the virtual world by blocks. As per the name, a player has to mine resources and craft items to build structures and explore biomes like forests, mountains, villages, and deserts.
Also Read: Become a Pro in PUBG
It also contains a wide variety of creatures like cows, pigs, and even zombies with whom the player has to interact. Minecraft games doesn’t lead with a points system but the video game is all about creativity and survival.
Any player can showcase their creativity by building any structure. So, the engaging creative gameplay enjoyment the players of all ages.
What excites the player of Minecraft?
Minecraft game has large and active players who create the following features-
- Customise Maps.
- Other fresh content
To excite and keep the game refreshing and alive. It is available on numerous range of platforms-
- Mobile phones
- Laptop devices
#Facts to know: Minecraft popularity enhanced in 2021 by sustaining 93 million Monthly Active Users (MAUs)
What is the story behind Minecraft?
Minecraft is a brainchild of Swedish programmer Markus Persson who previously worked at the video game developer King and later at jAlbums.
Markus focuses on Minecraft and developed a few prototypes during his off-hours. The first edition of play Minecraft called Java Edition was made by Markus in May 2009. It was initially released to the public on May 17. After updating the classic version of play Minecraft few more upgrades were done and it was set to release on June 30, 2010. It was around that time when Minecraft picked up the speed of gradual popularity. After considering this widespread popularity full version was released on the 18th of November 2011.
#Facts to know: To focus the direction of the game and overall lead Markus stepped down as a lead and hired Jens Bergensten who took full creative control of the Minecraft game.
What is too good about Minecraft?
Unlike other video games, Minecraft game improvises
- Spatial awareness
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizing skills
- Frame the plans and execution of the same
- Beneficial to learn coding
- Enhances calculations
As per further arguments, it is very easy to say that Minecraft acts as a valuable tool to build up skills and develop brain learning capacity.
#Facts to know-: Minecraft estimates 93 MAUs in 2021.
- It has grown exponentially by $380 million in revenue and $ 110 million in mobile revenue.
- Minecraft Chinese edition has been downloaded 400 million times.
Why has Minecraft become so widespread?
The popularity and extent of Minecraft are widespread due to the following reasons:
- A great deal of freedom: Minecraft gameplay offers such amazing freedom and allows the player to be creative and use their imagination to create the game accordingly.
- Accessible to a wide range of players: The gameplay is simple and engaging which can be enjoyed by players of all ages and helps to keep the game popular.
- Minecraft promotes education: The educational settings teach subjects like coding, calculations, and problem-solving criteria to increase Minecraft popularity among educators and parents.
#Facts to know:
- Minecraft is very popular among kids. Moonpreneur collabs with Minecraft and turns the enlisted gameplay into a learning opportunity by the title Minecraft Coding Course which will help the children to learn coding in the fastest, easiest, and most fun-loving way.
- Moonpreneur is an education technical company that imparts tech entrepreneurship to children aged limit to 7 to 16 years. It offers an innovative program to teach students that ends Technical, power, and business skills in a particular stream like Robotics games, Adavace Math, and App development.
What makes Minecraft to be unbalanced?
Minecraft is a sandbox game. It doesn’t aim to score points and players don’t even compete for externally imposed goals. So, the concept of balance doesn’t apply.
Competitiveness in most likely games must ensure equality otherwise there will be no point in the gamers playing such mentally accelerated games. Minecraft is a fun-loving and intellectual-based gameplay. So, such questions never arise in the kids-friendly Minecraft game
What are the likes and dislikes of Minecraft as per viewers?
The pros and cons of Minecraft game as per viewers while playing Minecraft are given below in the table-
|Player’s Likes||Player’s Dislike|
|Retro aesthetics is quite charming.||Tutorials of the game are not available.|
|The crafting system creates an amazing depth of learning||A few features felt to be unfinished.|
|Its brilliant creativity is perfect for all gamers.||The game randomly creates dungeons.|
|An excellent game soundtrack creates a real-life imagination.||The final gameplay of levels is absurdly tough for gamers like kids.|
|Survival modes are satisfying in nature.||Impatient games never apply to such building block games.|
Minecraft is the first indie game to truly tube and other media platforms to market itself successfully. Eminent gaming influencers used Minecraft to gather and sustain viewers. The story of Minecraft is a great example of synergy in the world of gaming. It’s safe to say that Minecraft is more than just a video game and its impact on society has been transformed into movies, documentaries, novels, physical media, dice, and music. So Minecraft isn’t a game but an emotion.